Covid-19 or Coronavirus was declared as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) and this is dangers virus that poses to humanity, there are some key measures that individuals can take to fight this pandemic.
This is crucial time to mention hygiene standards like
1. Washing your hands frequently
2. Using an alcohol sanitizer
3. Wearing a mask (cover your nose and mouth) and avoiding touching your hand or mouth.
4. Keep Social Distancing
5. Follow the government guidelines for COVID-19
There are also certain methods to improve your immunity system to fight COVID-19
Foods for Immune System Boosters
If you are looking to prevent colds, flu and other infections, your body certain foods may help keep your immunity system strong.
Citrus fruits: Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all which are key to fighting infections. Almost all citrus fruits are high in vitamin C. A lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick.
Vitamin C includes in these citrus fruits
Broccoli: Broccoli is a healthiest vegetables for vitamins and minerals with vitamins A, C, and E, also have well as fiber and many other antioxidants.
Garlic: Garlic is help to fighting infections. Garlic may also slow down hardening of the arteries, and there is weak evidence that it helps lower blood pressure.
Ginger: Ginger is another ingredient many turn to after getting sick. Ginger may help decrease inflammation, which can help reduce a sore throat and inflammatory illnesses. Ginger may help with nausea as well.
Almonds: Almonds comes to preventing and fighting off colds, vitamin E tends to take a backseat to vitamin C. However, this powerful antioxidant is key to a healthy immune system.
Turmeric: You may know turmeric as a key ingredient in many curries. This bright yellow, bitter spice has also been used for years as an anti-inflammatory in treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Kiwi and Papaya: Like papayas, kiwis are naturally full of a ton of essential nutrients, including folate, potassium, vitamin K, and vitamin C.
Some Ways to Boost Your Immune System Naturally
Even the healthiest of people get sick every now and then. You can follow your health routine, such as diet and stress management, that can help support your immune system fight against bacteria, virus and common cold and flu.
- Stress Reduction
- Herbs and Supplements
Ayurveda’s Immunity Boosting Measures for Self Care During COVID-19 Crisis
We all know that prevention is better than cure. While there is no medicine for COVID-19 as of now, it will be good to take preventive measures which boost our immunity in these times.
Ministry of AYUSH recommends the following self-care guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health.
1. Drink warm water throughout the day.
2. Daily practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for at least 30 minutes as advised by Ministry of AYUSH
3. Spices like Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander) and Lahsun (Garlic) are recommended in cooking.
Ayurvedic Immunity Promoting Measures
1. Take Chyavanprash 10gm in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar free Chyavanprash.
2. Drink herbal tea / decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) – once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) or fresh lemon juice to your taste.
3. Half tea spoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk once or twice a day